Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grilled Asparagus


I'm months behind, and just finding time to post last summer's favorite recipes. Actually Grilled Asparagus doesn't take much of a recipe, as the ingredients are minimal and rather thrown together, but that's part of what makes it so lovely.

Choosing your asparagus for grilling can be a bit tricky. Larger asparagus can be a bit stringy and unpalettable, but if you choose very young, skinny stalks, you'd better be prepared to watch the grill very carefully, or you end up with match sticks.

Asparagus
Olive Oil
Fresh garlic
Sea Salt

Toss or brush the asparagus with the above ingredients, and place them on the grill. Turn them often until they're brown and just before they're crisping up, pull and serve. I've found that I can convince even Asparagus Naysayers to come to my side if I grill it!